Monday, February 20
NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
No band activities scheduled
Tuesday, February 21
8:15am-8:00pm SPC Honor Band Festival @ PNHS (Concert at 7:00pm – FREE)*
*Students need to bring instrument, accessories, music, pencil, money for lunch, and concert uniform
*Concert uniform in white shirt (no jacket or tie), black pants or long skirt, black socks, black shoes
*Dinner is provided and the student fee has been covered by the band
*Students will attend 1st period, then we will depart for PNHS after that
*There is no return bus to PEHS, so parents please attend the concert and take your student home with you afterwards
Wednesday, February 22
2:30pm-3:25pm Jazz Lab Rehearsal
3:35pm-5:00pm Jazz Band Rehearsal
Thursday, February 23
3:00pm-6:00pm Pit Orchestra Rehearsal
Friday, February 24
No after school band activities scheduled
Saturday, February 25
9:30am-1:00pm Pancake Breakfast CLICK HERE to volunteer
10:00am & 11:00am Jazz Lab Performance (uniform is band polo & jeans)
12:00pm & 1:00pm Jazz Band Performance (uniform is band polo & jeans)
9:30am-4:30pm Mattress Sale Fundraiser
6:30pm-8:00pm PEHS Choir Concert*
*Band students not performing in the concert will receive extra credit for their attendance at this concert
Sunday, February 26
No band activities scheduled
- 2017-18 PEHS BAND PLACEMENT AUDITIONS – Placement auditions for band for the 2017-18 school year will take place the week of March 6. To view and print audition packets, CLICK HERE.
- WIND ENSEMBLE NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE PERFORMANCE – Wednesday, March 8, 2017 – The PEHS Wind Ensemble will be sharing a concert with the Westmont HS Band and the East Aurora Wind Ensemble. The performance will be held at Wentz Concert Hall on the campus of North Central College in Naperville. Please join us for this FREE concert, which starts at 7:00pm. Permission Slip Attached.
- MARCHING BAND UPDATE – Per district direction, all high school band students are required to participate in marching band. With that, all PEHS band students will be a part of the marching band this fall. We thank you for your support and flexibility as we work to give all PEHS band students the best opportunity possible. To help with planning, we are including our anticipated schedule for marching band, which starts this spring with student leadership training. CLICK HERE for Marching Band Schedule / For Percussion Audition Packet, CLICK HERE.
- 2017-18 MUSIC DEPARTMENT TRIP – After reviewing several itineraries and their costs, we are in the process of securing information and PSD202 School Board approval for a music department trip to Walt Disney World in Florida from March 24-29, 2018 (Spring Break week). The trip would include a band performance at Walt Disney World. Estimated cost will be between $1250-$1450. As more information becomes available, we will put our packet together and share the information with our students and families.
- SAVE THE DATE – Please add these upcoming events to your calendars…
–Saturday, Mar. 4 – Anniversary Band Concerts (3:00 CB & SB1 / 6:30pm SB2 & WE)
–March 6-10 – SmartMusic Test #3
–Monday, Mar. 6 – PEHS 17-18 Band Placement Auditions Begin
–Wednesday, Mar. 8 – Wind Ensemble performance @ North Central College with Westmont & East Aurora HS
–Saturday, Mar. 11 – Marching Band Color Guard & Percussion Rehearsal (9:00am-1:00pm) CLICK HERE for Percussion Packet
–March 16-19 – PEHS Spring Musical (Into the Woods)
–March 20-24 – PEHS Marching Band Student Leadership Training (drum majors & section leaders) (2:30pm-4:30pm)
–Saturday, Apr. 22 – Marching Band Color Guard & Percussion Rehearsal (9:00am-1:00pm)
–-Friday, May 12 – PEHS Band Awards Night (6:30pm-8:00pm)
–Saturday, May 13 – Marching Band Color Guard & Percussion Rehearsal (9:00am-1:00pm)
–Saturday, May 13 – PEHS Band Spring Concerts (3:00 CB & SB1 / 6:30pm SB2 & WE)
–Saturday, May 20 – PEHS Graduation
- PRIVATE LESSONS – An important part of growing as a musician is the opportunity to take lessons from professionals on your instrument. We are fortunate to have a wonderful private instruction staff who have been district and director approved. Unless indicated, our teachers come to PEHS during the school day, allowing students to take lessons during their band or study hall time. If you are interested in taking private lessons, please feel free to contact the appropriate teacher below.
–Stefanie Abderhalden (Flute) – Stefanie.firstname.lastname@example.org / 630-464-8597 /musicwithstefanie.com
–Jaimie Duff (Oboe) – email@example.com / 815-557-3763 (teaches out of her home in Plainfield)
–Kim Richter (Bassoon) – firstname.lastname@example.org
–Lori Foster (Clarinet) – email@example.com / 630-226-5562
–Jason LaVallee (Saxophone) – firstname.lastname@example.org / (teaches at PNHS)
–Judy Bridges (Trumpet/Brass) – email@example.com / 630-269-5299
–Max Bonecutter (Low Brass) – firstname.lastname@example.org
–Dan Eastwood (Percussion) – email@example.com
–Vern Spevak (Percussion) – firstname.lastname@example.org / 630-220-2311 / spevakpercussionconcepts.com (teaches at his studio in Oswego)
- BAND BOOSTER MEETING – Our next Band Booster Meeting will be Wednesday, March 22 at 7:30pm. Meetings are held in the PEHS Band Room. Please enter PEHS Door P (music hallway) and proceed to the Band Room.
- CHARMS – To check your CHARMS account, please visit (https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/plogin.asp). The school code is pehsband, and the initial password is your student ID# (Charms will ask you to change it after your first time logging in). Click FINANCES (wallet icon) to see your statement. If you are not able to login, please email Mr. Lesniak (email@example.com) and I will reset your password to your student ID#.
- BAND WEBSITE – If you are having trouble viewing any of the email attachments, or for more information about the PEHS Band, please visit our website (https://pehsband.wordpress.com/).