Monday, September 18
7:05am-11:15am PEHS SIP Day (Early Release)
2:30pm-5:30pm Marching Band Rehearsal (at Stadium)
Tuesday, September 19
4:00pm-5:30pm Jazz Band Rehearsal
Wednesday, September 20
$5 for Optional Friday Band Tailgate (Tacos/Nachos) DUE
3:00pm-6:00pm Marching Band Rehearsal (at parking lot)
Thursday, September 21
2:10pm-3:00pm Pastry Puffin/Butterbraid Pickup (Door P – MUSIC WING)
3:00pm-4:30pm Percussion Rehearsal
3:30pm-5:00pm Color Guard Rehearsal
Friday, September 22
Homecoming Pasta Dinner Ticket Sales DUE
3:45pm-4:30pm (Optional) Friday Band Tailgate (Tacos/Nachos – $5)
4:30pm-9:00pm PEHS vs. Joliet West MB Performance
4:30-4:45 Change into uniform (full MB uniforms)
4:45-5:00 Music warmup with section leaders
5:00-6:00 Performance prep at parking lot
5:35-6:00 Select Drumline perform Bengal March
6:15-6:35 Pregame Parade to Stadium
6:35-7:00 Pregame Performance
7:00-8:15 Varsity Game 1st Half
8:15-8:30 (time is approximate) Halftime Performance (marching band performs)
8:30-8:45 Final band reminders and dismissal
Saturday, September 23
12:15pm-8:00pm Plainfield South Competition (SEE ATTACHED INFO SHEET)
Sunday, September 24
No band activities scheduled
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – CLICK HERE to view and signup for PEHS Band volunteering opportunities. We currently have volunteers signups for football games, marching band competitions, and uniform fittings. Soon to come will be the signup for the Homecoming Pasta Dinner.
- SMART MUSIC UPDATE – Students now have the ability to use Smart Music at home without the purchase of an additional subscription. In order to use Smart Music, you must login using Google Chrome (or the new Smart Music app for ipads and tablets). To login, go to SmartMusic.com, and be sure to select/login to the NEW Smart Music (NOT Classic). To login, you will need your username (student ID#) and password (pehsband1). Please be sure to use headphones or earbuds when recording your assignments.
- 2017-18 MUSIC DEPARTMENT TRIP – CLICK HERE for information regarding the 17-18 Disney Trip. REGISTRATION DEADLINE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TRIP IS OCTOBER 1ST.
- PRIVATE LESSONS – An important part of growing as a musician is the opportunity to take lessons from professionals on your instrument. We are fortunate to have a wonderful private instruction staff who have been district and director approved. Unless indicated, our teachers come to PEHS during the school day, allowing students to take lessons during their band or study hall time. If you are interested in taking private lessons, please feel free to contact the appropriate teacher below.
–Stefanie Abderhalden (Flute) – Stefanie.email@example.com / 630-464-8597 /musicwithstefanie.com
–Lori Foster (Clarinet) – firstname.lastname@example.org / 630-226-5562
–Jason LaVallee (Saxophone) – email@example.com / (teaches at PNHS)
–Judy Bridges (Trumpet/Brass) – firstname.lastname@example.org / 630-269-5299
–Max Bonecutter (Low Brass) – email@example.com
–Dan Eastwood (Percussion) – firstname.lastname@example.org / 309-706-0625
- BAND BOOSTER MEETING – Our next Band Booster Meeting will be Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 7:30pm. Meetings are held in the PEHS Band Room. Please enter PEHS Door P (music hallway) and proceed to the Band Room.
- CHARMS – To check your CHARMS account, please visit (https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/plogin.asp). The school code is pehsband, and the initial password is your student ID# (Charms will ask you to change it after your first time logging in). Click FINANCES (wallet icon) to see your statement. If you are not able to login, please email Mr. Lesniak (email@example.com) and I will reset your password to your student ID#.
- BAND WEBSITE – If you are having trouble viewing any of the email attachments, or for more information about the PEHS Band, please visit our website (https://pehsband.wordpress.com/).